Here are eight simple tips your parish can use to prepare for Easter to get more people to mass so that they may hear the message of the Gospel clearly communicated through the resurrection story.
- Easter is the best time of the year to reach those who seldom attend mass.
- Easter is a time to enlist extra volunteers for several different areas of service at the parish.
- Easter can often be used as a launching point for new mass times or a new ministry group at the parish.
- Easter is a prime time to connect people to a small group or enroll them in a membership class.
- Welcome cards are your only opportunity to know exactly who was new to your parish.
- Remember to update your parish’s website with any changes to times or schedules you may make for Easter.
- Consider a quick audit of your parish’s website before Easter to ensure all information is accurate and updated.
- Easter is the perfect opportunity for your parish to try something new to reach those without a church home in your community.
According to a survey by Thom Rainer, 96% of those who don’t attend church would agree to go to a service if invited. So, go ahead and try these tips for your parish for Easter and invite someone who hasn’t been at the parish recently to join you for mass on Easter Sunday. You may be surprised at how easy it is to bring them back and welcome new parishioners into the parish.
Source: Lifeway Resources