Screening, Training and Background Checks Created for Cultivating a Safe Catholic Environment
Our full featured Safe Environment Program (SEP) is designed especially for parishes and dioceses. Monitor background checks, and assignment activity in a centralized database—all integrated through your ParishSOFT ChMS.
Schedule a Demo
Reducing risks comes down to identifying your risks and implementing an effective risk management plan.
of parishes and dioceses actively rescreen their volunteers & staff annually.
oof churches are not running the correct background check.
of criminals released from prison return before the end of their first year out of prison.
What is ParishSOFT's Safe Environment Program?
- An integrated solution within ParishSOFT church management
- Provides comprehensive safety efforts for Catholic parishes and dioceses
- Know and track which safety requirements have been met.
- Goes beyond isolated background screenings and introduces an ongoing protection program
- View completed trainings and background screenings for individuals
- Review all historical assignment activity within the SEP.
- Protect Catholic communities while seamlessly syncing with the centralized parishioner database.
Features that Inform & Protect Your Parish or Diocese
Tracking of status, completions, errors, issues, expirations, and re- certifications of requirements.
Customized requirements— screenings, applications, trainings, approvals, reviews, USCCB, etc.— based on individuals' assigned roles.
Automatic calculated counts required for annual USCCB National Audit.
Automated notifications of new individuals, requirement completions, and issues.
Integration with Protect My Ministry for screening submissions and status updates.
Historical records of role start/end dates, requirement completions, and issues
What are the benefits of ParishSOFT's Safe Environment Program?
- Centralized Administration – Track the status of overdue requirements, training, errors, issues, expirations, and recertifications from a single dashboard.
- Tracking of status, completions, errors, issues, expirations, and re-certifications of requirements
- Automatic calculated counts required for annual USCCB National Audit
- Automated notifications of new individuals, requirement completions and issues
- Integration with Protect My Ministry for screening submissions and status updates
- Historical records for role start/end dates, requirement completions/issues
“The new ParishSoft Safe Environment Program is both intuitive and functional. The database stands apart from others by providing a detailed history of assignments for all persons profiled. This tremendous feature allows for looking back at the history of employment or volunteer positions of any person that may be of concern. If a child is harmed, ParishSoft Assignment History makes it possible to look for other locations that the person in question may have been active in the past.”- Glenn Goldapp, Systems Coordinator for the Diocese of Corpus Christi.