by Stella D. Ozuna, Our Lady of Guadalupe
I think that Lady of Guadalupe Parish here in Seguin is very giving church community. The parishioners are very involved in all of the ministries listed below. Our very own, Rev. David Tonary, MSF, on behalf of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, donated a lot to Habitat for Humanity.
That lot was subdivided, and Habitat will be able to build two homes. The first one will be for a single mother of five, and the ground breaking of that house was Saturday April 17, 2011. The mother was very appreciative and is truly amazed. She and her family are eagerly waiting for the completion of the house in late October 2011. This house is on the same street as the church.
We also have the following parish outreach programs:
- Provide assistance for our St. Joseph Mission in Redwood.
- Food Pantry provides assistance to approximately 45-60 families per week.
- 1st Friday Breakfast provides breakfast for approximately 250 parish members after the Friday Mass.
- Volunteers provide upkeep of our Catholic cemetery.
- Assist our local Habitat for Humanity chapter in building decent homes for families.
- Provide snacks and support for our youth faith-based group LYTE MINISTRY
- Quilting group provides lap quilts for seniors in nursing homes.
- Provide assistance to the local women’s shelter with food and personal items for families.
- Provide Vacation Bible School for approximately 80-100 students
- Provide 1,200 + Thanksgiving meals for needy.
- We also have a new ministry for church members who have family members that are incarcerated and need additional support. They hold weekly meetings.
I truly believe that we are truly wanting to do what is God’s will.
Submitted by ParishSOFT User:
Stella D. Ozuna, Volunteer
Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
409 W Krezdorn St
Seguin, TX 78155-4429