Whether you’re just getting started with My Own Church or you’re looking to get more members to log in and use the parishioner portal, these resources can help you and your parishioners put My Own Church to use and experience the benefits. Check out the pre-written announcements, email campaigns, and help resources. We’ve developed them so that you can customize and use them in your communications to members.
Use the Marketing Kit resources below to build on your own ideas for creating materials for your church!
- Master Checklist: Get started with the pre-launch checklist, launch checklist, and ongoing checklist as your church comes up with a strategy to use My Own Church.
- Goals for Your Church: Look at where you stand today and where you want to be as you come up with goals for your My Own Church Implementation.
- Campaign Themes & Incentives: Get folks excited about logging in to My Own Church with some of these campaign themes and ideas for prizes.
- Staff Readiness: Before launching, make sure that you staff members have been properly trained and that you have a plan of attack for handling those who register.
- Communications: Line up announcements and emails to communicate to your members about My Own Church. We have some ideas for specialized messages to help you get people on board.
- Help Resources: Be ready to assist your members as they have questions with the “Member Guide to My Own Church” and “What You Can Do in My Own Church.” Also, check out the assets to download and FAQs.
Which ConnectNow Family Suite modules does your parish have?
As you make use of these marketing kit tools, double check to make sure that you’re only promoting features that will be available to your parishioners. These features are determined by which ConnectNow Family Suite modules you use at your parish (and which features the administrator has turned on).
- Ministry Scheduler: If your church doesn’t have Ministry Scheduler, your members will not have a “My Ministry” tab. This means that they won’t be able to use My Own Church to update ministry preferences or view their schedule.
- Offering & Pledges: If your church doesn’t have Offering & Pledges, your members will not have a “My Offering” tab. This means that they won’t be able to use My Own Church to view their giving records.
- Religious Education: If your church doesn’t have Religious Education, your members will not have a “Religious Education” tab. This means that they won’t be able to use My Own Church to register for classes or view their enrollment history.